The MSU-3500 master setup unit allows intuitive control and maintenance for the connected Sony HDC series system cameras.
Sharing the same compact vertical form factor and familiar ergonomics as the MSU-1500, the MSU-3500 fits a 9.5-inch EIA rack (half rack mount size). It can control multiple camera systems via either 1000Base-T LAN, or a single camera by direct peer-to-peer connection via Sony CCA cable.
Operability is enhanced via a new touchpanel with improved visibility plus additional LED indicators and assignable keys. The menu page gives direct access to camera, CCU and BPU functions for greater usability and expandability.
- Flexible, scalable system configuration. The MSU-3500 can be configured for use with large- and small-scale camera control systems, sharing the same mechanical dimensions and interface system as the MSU-1500 model. An MSU-3500 can flexibly control up to 96 HDC Series system camera units.
- Customizable Switches. Functions and Menu can be mapped to the assignable keys via the Menu Control page, allowing quick and easy access. There are 3 assignable keys on the panel. This is available via SW Customize menu with the categorized items.
- USB flash drive. The MSU’s settings can be saved or loaded via USB flash drive. CAM/CCU/BPU Scene files/Reference files can also be saved, and for the HDRC-4000’s HDR Production Converter Unit the All Setting file can be saved.
- New LCD touchpanel. The large LCD touchpanel features a new 7-inch WVGA (800 x 480) panel with improved visibility.
- High-speed LAN connection. The MSU-3500 supports connectivity via 1000Base-T Ethernet LAN in addition to a single connection by Sony CCA 8-pin cable.
- Web UI application. Allows convenient remote operation for MSU initial settings from a remote networked PC with intuitive user interface (UI).*Feature available at a later date.
- Status indication. By the Status key, the connected camera/CCU/BPU’s alert status can be indicated on the LCD panel if it occurs. Some of the setting status can also be indicated.